header-photo

Three Days Left: Stuff, Stuff, Stuff


So Sick of Stuff
Oh man, we are so sick of stuff. We have lived in the same place for 13 years and we have lots of junk. While we sold most of everything that has value such as furniture, what remains seems to be twice as much junk.

Each item in the house requires you to pick it up and think about it. Should I keep it? Should I throw it away?

Many items have a sort of emotional attachment. You find stuff from every period of your life. Do you throw it away? Can you throw it away? An emotional attachment is a strange invisible force that challenges the logical decision.

Nicki found a box of her stuffed animals she had as a kid. Is it logical to take them to Mexico. No. Is it right to throw them away? No. Difficult. And how about that Expo '86 hat she is holding up...


My Old Diary
I found an old diary I wrote when I was 10 years old. Here was an entry dated January 20th, 1982...

"Today for breakfast we had an egg and a piece of toast. At scool I brang my Solar Calculator. All the kids were looking at it. For lunch we had a chicken sandwhich. We had art. I drew a picture about fires. When I got home I fed the chickens. then I played pool with Cory. For dinner I had Soup. It didn't taste too good. Then I went to meeting. After meeting me and Timmy showed everybody this one coin trick. Nobody knew how we did it. Then I ate popcorn and went to bed."

ah, to be ten again.........

Conclusion
We have two days left before we leave. The last few days have been an emotional rollercoaster. Tuesday we said goodbye to the congregation, and we are saying goodbye to lots of our stuff. I can't wait to hit the road in three days. We just gotta get through the next few days of goodbyes....


0 comments:

Post a Comment